Thursday, November 6, 2014

My sweater!!

Here is a current picture of my new sweater.  Yes, I know.  It doesn't look like anything yet.  But it will.  This is going to be a cardigan, with a lace pattern down the front.  No closures.  It's knit in 10 phases.  I'm about midway through Phase 3.

I've never knit anything for myself before, so I'm really excited about this.  The yarn is called Orchid Smash, and it's a cotton and bamboo fiber.  Very soft.  And because everyone asks, that bit of blue at the bottom is just a placeholder.  It will come out later.

I hope to post a picture once a week or so to show my progress.  I just hope this doesn't end up being my monstrosity.  Everyone knits one at some point.  It takes weeks of patient denial.  If it turns out horrible, I've threatened to send it to my cousin Daniel in Florida.

In other news, tomorrow will be 2 full weeks of doing school with no days off for illness, errands, mini-emergencies, etc.  I'm feeling really proud of myself so far.

Well, I'm off to get the little ones to bed.  Until next week!

No comments: