Sunday, November 23, 2014

And she knits...

Well, my friends.  Since I'm stuck on my sweater, I decided to knit a quick hat for one of the girls for Christmas.  It's a beautiful teal colored merino.  So very soft.  I think a chocolate velvet ribbon for accent will be lovely.  But then another girl said she wished she had a hat just like that.  Only in orange.  So now I must knit 2 hats for Christmas.  I think I can finish the first hat by Friday, Saturday on the outside.  Another 10 days for the second hat. Hmm...

But then I realized that there was a family member for whom I have no idea what to get for Christmas.  And you realize of course that that means I must knit her something.  I will have roughly 20 days to knit for her.  Socks?  A cowl?  Hmm...

And THEN I realized that Josiah does not have a scarf.  Oh my.  Something must be done at once about that.  And dear Seth's hat is already getting a bit small.  Oh dear.  Hmm...

So many knitting projects calling for my immediate attention.  I think I may set my own sweater aside until after Christmas.  And I'm okay with that actually.  I just want to knit.  It doesn't have to be for me.

On a side note, the children have discovered the joy of collages.  There has been a flurry of cutting and pasting and coloring and putting in frames (we have a frame for each child to display their art hanging in the dining room).  So for right now, I promised Olivia I would help her finish her collage.  She is very picky about selecting pictures.  So that is what I will spend the next hour on.  Olivia.  Not knitting.

No comments: