Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Still waiting...

My word for this week is SLOWLY.  I am practicing my patience.  I move slow, I think slow, everything is slow.  Baby is now 4 days overdue.  My Dr appt yesterday showed no dilation at all.  The Cervix of Steel strikes again.  I have a scheduled induction for 8am Friday morning if I don't go into labor by then.

Since my last post 3 weeks ago, I finished the little red baby pants and made a little red sweater to go with them.  I realized that I have an abundance of short sleeved onsies, and needed something to keep little guys arms warm. 

Leah has changed her mind and no longer wants a knit butterfly, but a knit Canadian Goose.  Really?  A goose?  Okay...

We have done no school for a couple weeks due to illness and because we all keep thinking that the baby will arrive any minute now.  But after my Dr appt yesterday, I realize that we just might have several more days.  So, probably still no school, but my goal for today is to tidy up and organize the school room.  Somehow the table in there is stacked with board games, craft clutter, books and other random stuff.  A little organizing always makes me feel better!

I also may go to the grocery store today.  My kitchen broom is annoying me.  It is very soft bristled, and the bristles are saggy and uneven and warped.  I suppose the broom is about a year and a half old now and gets used nearly every day.  Anyone know how long a broom is supposed to last?

Well, that's all for now folks.  We'll have a new baby by the end of the week!

OH!  Prayer request:  I find myself whining/complaining a lot lately.  I need an attitude makeover and a whole lot more gratefulness.  This discomfort is so very temporary and for such a good cause.  There are Christians being tortured in Chinese prisons right now, and I'm whining about achey hips.  Shame on me.

No comments: