Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

January 2nd.  I don't quite know what to do first.  I normally make a New Years Resolution or two, but this time I can't quite come up with one that I think I can actually manage.  I have a couple of goals for the children, but nothing really for me.  Just have a baby, teach school, try and lose some weight by next Christmas.

I am knitting obsessively of late.  Little red baby pants this time.  I promised to start knitting something for Leah, but she's not impressed with any of my cute clothing ideas, and wants a butterfly.  So, I'm searching Ravelry for butterfly patterns that a) she likes, and b) I can actually understand the directions.

A couple of us have mild colds this week as well.  It seems that every time we take time off of school, we get sick and my well laid plans for accomplishing things spirals down the drain. Oh well. 

January promises to be a busy month for us.  Every weekend is a flurry of activity in the kitchen as Michael rips out or replaces a cabinet or two. My birthday is in a couple weeks, then a baby shower, then a baby.  Throw in a couple family member birthdays, illness, and just plain tired.

I think this year will mostly just be survival.  I will try to be content with all things. 

No comments: