Thursday, January 24, 2013

Post Birthday

Well, here we are, 10 days post birthday.  I'm still behind on keeping my house clean, keeping up with our history and science, keeping up with the ironing, and now we are in the ugly throes of potty training. Oiy.

But all is well.

Good:  We are all healthy. We have clean and unwrinkled clothes to wear, and math/language is more important than history and science, and I'm doing pretty good on those.  Princess O has made it to the potty twice today, and missed once (enormously). Progress is happening.  Princess H has finished her independent work, Princess L is impatient for me to do math with her, and Prince N is trying to figure out how to get out of spelling.  Prince J is asleep (Praise God!!).

I have a plan for dinner, the dishwasher has been run and emptied, the table is clear for dinner, most of the laundry has been put away. Everyone has practiced piano today.

Bad: I forgot to deposit a check that came yesterday, our PG&E bill was over $300 (Yikes!!!), we have yet to practice violin, the bathrooms are still dirty (our Thursday chore), I still have a mound of paperwork to file (but smaller than last week), the house desperately needs to be swept. 

The more children I have, the lower my standards of 'clean and tidy' become...

No comments: