Monday, May 14, 2012

Unsettled

Hello my friends.  All is well here technically, but have had some disappointments lately that make me feel tired and listless.

Nathan was diagnosed last week with a mid-level dyslexia.  I'm sad for him - this will take a lot of work on his part to learn to read - something that he MUST be able to do well to function well in this world.  But I'm also sad for me - this will take a lot of work on my part to teach  him - we cannot afford $300 a month for tutoring, so I must learn about this brain disorder and learn how to teach my son.  A lot of work.  Have I mentioned that we have 5 children and we homeschool?  A lot more work is really not what I was hoping for at this point...still, it's not like he has brain cancer or anything. And I get to learn something new.  It's not all bad.

Probate is finally finished!  We will be going to Eureka this weekend to do the final touch up/clean out of the house before we list it for sale.  Michael says that if it hasn't sold in 3 months, we will rent it out again.  Please pray that it sells quickly!!  I am so done with that house. Still, even though it's been a huge headache, at least we got an inheritance.  It's not all bad.

Well, Joe is screaming. Again. Gotta go.

1 comment:

Christa said...

Oh Tyna, I'm so sorry to hear about your little guy but this too will pass. I was at the Homeschool Conference in Modesto last year and attended the speaking times of DIANE CRAFT, she is absolutely wonderful. She teaches you HOW to teach the children, HOW to re-teach the children if they have developed the wrong habits and so much more. Please check out her website: dianecraft.org and start reading. I have a few of her DVD's and reading materials, if you find something there that you want to borrow let me know and I will bring it over. My 11 year old boy was/is struggling with his learning but has never formally been diagnosed but just the few (of the many) suggestions i have made have done wonders for him.

And, congratulations on the house, I will be praying for guidance for the decision to go for it or wait.

Blessings to you and yours,
Christa Kerns (part of SCOPE, though we have never attended anything!)