Thursday, September 29, 2011

Autumn and Laundry

New blog look - because it's autumn and because orange is my favorite color! I need to dig out the Autumn wreath for the front door...

Today is supposed to be the last day of hot weather around here, high of 96 degrees. Tomorrow is supposed to be 88, and we begin the Autumn Slide from there! Ahhh, I can't wait. I am sooo tired of being hot and sticky all the time. There's actually a rumor that it may rain on Tuesday!!!!

And so, about laundry. Sigh. We do a load of laundry every day around here. Sometimes two. My grandmother prefered to have a laundry day, but she was chained to her machines and piles of laundry for a whole day!!! So I do a load each day. I try to have it folded and ready for the children to put away by about 8:30am or so, but it's a lofty goal.

I do have an ironing day, usually Tuesday. I leave the board set up all day, and iron in 2-3 item increments. It seems to work for us.

Uh oh. Fighting downstairs, gotta go.

P. S. My girls are getting sick...

1 comment:

bian5 said...

yes, I hope too, that tomorrow's temperature will go down.