Monday, March 2, 2009

Ode to Michael

Today is hubbys 45th birthday. He says he feels old, but boy he sure doesn't look it! Let me tell you about my man:

1) He's funny! Seems like the two of us are forever snickering about some private joke or memory.
2) He's handsome! Really, can you look into those hazel eyes and not get all weak-kneed?
3) He's an incredibly hard worker. Boy, he sure can hustle! He's worked 3 jobs forever, and he's forever thinking of how to be more efficient, and squeeze more stuff into less time.
4) He reads the Bible to the children every night. That one alone makes my heart go pitter patter!
5) He indulges my needle-work habit, even though he thinks it's a waste of time and effort. Really now, would you want to get a cross-stitched bookmark for Christmas?
6) He always tells me not to worry about getting the garbage cans out to the curb. But I always do it anyway because I feel guilty about point # 3 above...
7) He always eats the meals I prepare. Even when I try a new recipie that says "Even Your Kids Will Love It!", and it's actually horrible and my imaginary dog wouldn't eat it.
8) He lets Hannah give him facials.
9) He wrestles with Nathan almost every day.
10) Leah thinks he's a really good snuggler!

He's the bestest hubby ever! I love you Michael!!!

No comments: