Thursday, March 6, 2008

Spring

Outside the window of the room that the computer lives in is a big ornamental pear tree. Right now it's in full bloom with tons of little white flowers. Soooo pretty! A particular robin always makes a nest in the tree every spring. Then it lands at the window and pecks on the glass to get my attention. Every day as I work on the computer, I'm sure to hear 'tap, tap, tap'. I turn and look at Robin, it looks back at me, and then flies away. I guess it just wants to be noticed.

How does one tell a girl robin from a boy robin? Hmm...sounds like a homeschool research project for Hannah! Stay tuned for the exciting answer!!

Oh yeah - a couple little gray/brown birds have made a nest under the eaves on the window on the opposite side of the room. They don't tap on the glass though. Rather unsocial, don't you think? I really need a bird ID book...

Don't forget to set your clocks AHEAD this Saturday evening!

No comments: