Monday, December 17, 2007

I don't want to be nice...

Hi all! I would really covet your prayers for the next couple days. I'm having a really hard time being 'nice'. And it's not because of stress, because all my Christmas shopping is done, the wrapping is done, the meals are planned. It's just that people irritate the crud out of me.

It must be pregnancy hormones.

Yesterday a couple people made comments that normally I wouldn't have even noticed. But I actually had to stop and take a deep breath to keep from slapping them. And the children seem to be squabbling every 3.5 minutes. I will be hard pressed not to abandon them in the Wal-Mart parking lot when I go later this morning. The stack of jackets laid over the back of the couch makes the little hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Every time I walk into my room, I see yet another toy (this is my toy-free space) and I barely resist the urge to hurl them through the nearest window. I made an eye appt for Michael and realized last night that the clerk lady I spoke to messed up the appt, so now I have to call back and fix it. Which bugs me because I have enough to do without having to take time to fix other people's mistakes. Add to this the endless cycles of laundry, ironing, meals/cleanup and I'm a mess. And my Christmas tree is dead. Dry, brittle, dropping needles by the ton.

I'm not any more tired than usual. My energy level seems to be fine. It's got to be the pregnancy. I'm becoming something between Scrooge and the Grinch. help...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Ok, lets take a deep breath...You're putting too much pressure on yourself! Life is full of little mishaps and yes, they can sometimes build up and threaten to take control of our thoughts until we feel we may lose our minds, BUT, only if we allow the devil to sneak in and steal our joy! (Yes, I speak from expirence.) See Ephesians 6:12. It's ok to have a bad day, get irritated, and so on! But if we try to control everything in our lives (kids, home, tree, ect.),and get upset when it doesn't all go perfectly the way we think it should, then we will constantly be disappointed. Right?! Life is a series of imperfections, trials, lessons learned sprinkled w/ happy events and experiences here and there. We only get a glimpse of perfection through Jesus! We have to wait until this life is over and we're w/ him for all eternity to have lasting perfection! So, something to look forward to. But, if your house is messy sometimes and your children are driving you a little crazy, take heart it happens, you're normal just like the rest of us. Don't beat your self up about it! But, I will pray for peace and patience, because I need a little more too!