Thursday, May 5, 2016

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real

So, this week I've been fighting some pretty severe blues. Just slogging through, you know?  So I'm going to try and focus on some good stuff today..

Pretty
I thought we are a cute family!  My face is flushed because holding a toddler is much like holding a space heater.

Happy - I'm sure something happy happened this week, but I can't for the life of me think of one.  My garden is growing. Sort of. I planted over a hundred seeds of various types, and I now have 12 plants. Maybe I'm not a seed person...

Funny - When I woke up this morning, I was so happy because it was Friday. Except it's not.

Real - See above for the Friday thing...

Hmm...after re-reading this post, I see the blues are still hanging on. But piano teacher comes this morning, so I'll get to listen to an hour and a half of scales and poorly played Yankee Doodle. So there's that...

3 comments:

Susan in Elk Grove said...

Blue is a pretty color, but not when it's a mood. Praying that the remainder of your week improves. And even if it doesn't quite get there, God is good, ALL the time! ❤️❤️❤️

Kate said...

You are still in what I called the mom fog period of having little ones. They need you a lot right now and it is very physically demanding (and emotionally so too). Some days it is really hard work being a mom! You are also their teacher and that means that even when they are all getting along and you have a smooth moment, that you still have to be the "enforcer" for something they probably don't really want to do - school. I completely understand what that means.

However, I encourage you to take each moment as it comes and enjoy as much as you can. I am on the latter end of both homeschooling and parenting and I am honestly flabbergasted at how fast it arrived. Try to grab the moments as they come and remember to laugh together, in the midst of the crazy. Take time out to be silly and dance in the kitchen and chase your little ones.

Try to remember Galatians 6:9:

"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."

The harvest is a beautiful lasting relationship with your Savior and your children. It happens, and it will, believe it or not, happen much faster than you think it will.

Hugs and love to you,
Kate

https://cotozachoroba.pl/ said...

Blue is a the best color