Sunday, December 28, 2014

It was lovely...


Aren't those some cutie kids?!  This is Olivia and Seth a couple weeks ago.

Christmas at our house was lovely.  I was able to complete all my Christmas gift knitting.  I have had no feedback yet on the one gift I was most nervous about, so I can't share on that one yet.  But the girls loved their hats.  And Josiah likes his scarf very much.  He wore it most of the day yesterday.

We had dinner at my Aunt's house, just us and them.  It was quiet and nice and peaceful, but slightly sad that the extended family doesn't gather anymore.

Michael surprised me and got me a yarn bowl for Christmas instead of my birthday. We got him 4 items, and 3 have to be returned.  Sigh...

Aunty and Uncle got the 4 middle kids ride on toys.  They spent most of Friday and Saturday outside and it was fantastic.  They got exercise, I got quiet!  The floors were swept and mopped in minimal time.  But you can't tell anymore.  Clean floors rarely last more than an hour around here.

Poor Sethy got sick last night.  He threw up about 4 times, and was just fussy most of the night.  But he was fine this morning.

In knitting news, I ordered an Elizabeth Zimmerman book from the library...should arrive late next week.  Can't wait!!  I also got some help on my sweater and can pick that up again - using the new yarn bowl, of course!

I've been thinking about my New Year's Resolution.  I have a few short term goals, but haven't come up with a true, year-long resolution yet.  My top 3 short term goals for Jan-Mar are:

  1. Potty train Josiah
  2. Finish my sweater
  3. Lose 5 pounds
I think all are do-able.  Potty training might take longer than March, but we will be well on our way.  I plan to start that again after my birthday in mid-Jan. This will be our second round. 

The sweater should be no problem.  Those 5 pounds, though?  Hmm...I've been doing pretty strenuous workouts, but they are only 20 minutes, 2-3 times a week.  Hey, I have 6 children and have a hard time doing anything for more than 2.5 minutes.  I've been feeling stronger, and can do harder workouts now, but the weight isn't budging.  I'm going to have to go up to 4 times a week, I think.  And get a little more serious about my calorie intake.  Hopefully now that the holiday season is over, I can resist the sweets temptations. 

I just finished putting together a menu plan for the coming week based on food already in the house.  I did pretty well.  I still have to go shopping for some basic things like milk and eggs and a few condiments we ran out of, but I think I can keep this week's groceries to $50.  

A local KMart is going out of business, so I've been able to stock up on a bunch of toiletries.  I should n'thave to buy lotion, razors, shampoo, etc for several months.  I want to go up there tomorrow and check out diapers.  Last time I was there, they had a pile of size 5 diaper boxes at 30% off.  I should have grabbed a couple boxes, but for some crazy, unknown reason I didn't.

Well, my friends, that's all I can think of for now.  Happy New Year!!!

No comments: