Friday, September 19, 2014

More everyday stuff

Alrighty, so I've finished Nathan's knit snake.  I love knitting, but that yarn was torture.  I have never been so glad to get a project off my needles!  I also whipped out a quick washcloth for a babyshower tomorrow - a dragonfly pattern.  It's very cute and I may make a few more.  I like dragonflies!  There are about 9 new babies or due to be born soon babies in our circle right now.  Hannah and I are knitting washcloths like crazy.  But having fun with some new patterns!

The chickens are doing well.  We have new food and water containers so we don't have to refill twice a day.  I got big ones and we only have to tend to food and water twice a week.  If you don't know what 'chicken nipples' are, you must Google it.  The best way to water a chicken!!

I'm reading Square Foot Gardening and learning lots.  I have great plans for our garden beds for next year.  But for the winter, we have work to do with mulch/fertilizer/etc.  Thank goodness we have free chicken manure!

The kitchen is coming along.  Last week Michael taped/mudded the ceiling and sanded it.  There is sheetrock dust everywhere in this house.  This weekend he plans to texture the ceiling and a few patches of walls.  Hopefully that means the messy part of the remodel is over.

No comments: