Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bit by bit...

Well, folks, this house is starting to look more like a home - as opposed to a storage facility.  Yesterday's finds included Michael's ties, the clothes iron, the girl's large dollhouse and the kitchen countertops.  My girlfriend L came and helped me move some larger furniture pieces, so I was able to get Michael's office/workspace sort of ready.  He has to hook up all the computer equipment, but at least I got it placed and ready to go.

There are so many things that need to be done, I can't quite focus on anything. The bookshelves are set up and ready for books, but most of our books have been in boxes for 2.5 years. I want to go thru them again and thin them out.  There is no way I can get 9 boxes of book on 2 bookshelves. But, there are more pressing needs, so the books and shelves will have to wait.  I have located several boxes of decorative items as well, but they will have to wait too.  The closets are screaming at me to put them in nice tidy order, but I'm afraid they will have to wait too. And the school room...oiy!

I have 2 more boxes of kitchen stuff that needs to be put away, but until Michael fixes a shelf in the kitchen, I can't really organize well enough to get them out of here.  I currently have 3 boxes of Yard Sale stuff going.

My list of things to do today:
  1. call my dentist and schedule an appt to get a crown done
  2. nurse Joe
  3. go to Post Office in Rocklin to get key for my mailbox
  4. go to Post Office in Lincoln to turn in keys for old mailbox
  5. nurse Joe
  6. go to CVS and exchange size 1 diapers for size 2 diapers (he's growing!!)
  7. make deposit at bank
  8. nurse Joe
  9. take H to piano lesson
  10. make meals/clean up
  11. nurse Joe
  12. keep children from killing each other
  13. get at least 2 more boxes out of the garage - I'd like to get enough out of there this week so that Michael can park his car in there by Sunday.
  14. nurse Joe
Well, I'd better get started on that list...

No comments: