Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A good day!

Yesterday was such a great day!  We did a FULL day of school - including science!  And I finished our taxes and realized we are getting some $$ back!!  Yeehaw!  AND I decluttered, organized and cleaned Nathan's room!  I'm telling you folks, organizing and decluttering is a natural high! 

I was having physical reactions when I entered his room to put the baby to bed.  I could feel the heat creeping up my neck, it was harder to breathe.  Now I can walk in there and feel light and care free!  I expect it to last about 24 hours before he has it completely undone, but it's a good start.  I got rid of a big black trash bag and a Costco sized diaper box of old clothes, old toys, books and just random stuff.  Ahhhh, good times!! Today we'll tackle the girls room.  We moved Olivia to the girls room so now there are 3 girls in a 9 x 11 room. Oiy. Oh, how I long for our shortsale to be complete so we can move in to our 'real house'.  It's been 4 months.  Surely it can't be too much longer.  Perhaps another month before the bank gives us an answer?  One can only hope...

Today is going to be good too.  I don't think we'll get a full school day in, but we have already done Bible and piano and it's only 9am.  We're off to piano lessons in a few minutes, then I need to run to Target and the drycleaner.  To celebrate that tax refund, I think I need a trip to Starbucks in there somewhere too.  Don't you think?  Really, if one cannot celebrate a tax refund with an expensive coffee, where is the joy in life?

In other news, our final court hearing on probate for Grandma's house is this Friday.  Assuming the judge has no issues - and there is no reason to think he will - probate will finally be closed.  Add another week to get all the paperwork officially filed.  We are hoping to list the house for sale by May 1st.  I'm secretly dreaming that the house will sell quickly and that we will have the money before the bank gives us an answer on our 'real house'.  I know - it's a dream.  But it's a lovely, happy-making dream, so don't mess it up for me, okay?

Have a great day everyone!!

No comments: