Monday, May 11, 2009

This Weeks Menu

My goal this week is to make all our meals from items that are already in the house. I realize that I will need to go to the store later in the week for milk and produce, but I'm putting it off as long as possible. So, to that end, here is this weeks menu:

Monday: Tangy Couscous w/Black Beans & Corn, with some Cornbread on the side
(Note: I don't have any black beans, so I'm substituting Kidney beans. don't tell...)

Tuesday: Roasted Chicken, artichokes, mashed potatoes, gravy

Wednesday: use leftover chicken for Chicken Pot Pie

Thursday: leftovers

Friday: Sausage & Roast Veggies

Saturday: Shrimp Stir Fry and Rice

Sunday: something with ground beef

I must make a WalMart run today for non food items like toothbrushes, a battery for the garage door opener, some ribbon for a skirt I'm making for Sissy. I am going to purchase 2 food items: Creamer for my coffee (I WILL have creamer!) and a bag of froz mixed veggies for the Chicken Pot Pie.

Let's see if you can make a weeks worth of meals and only purchase creamer and frozen veggies!!

No comments: