Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Welcome to 2008!

Well, it's the second day of the new year. I'm going to have to get used to writing 08 on my checks. There are so many things I want to touch on that I'm going to just go with the flow and put them down. This might be a long post...

New Year's Resolution: Our church has asked everyone to commit to reading one chapter of Proverbs each day. I like it. Doable, easy even. If you know me at all, I am soooo for easy, doable stuff. Last year's resolution was to make my bed every day. And I did darn good, too!

Holiday Projects: I'm not sure how it happened, but my Beloved and I always end up doing some household project on Christmas day and New Years Day. Christmas was the garage semi-clean-up and build a shoerack. I got the shoe rack painted over that week, then New Years project was more garage semi-cleanup and installing the shoe rack. My closet looks really great right now! I give it a month before it makes me claustraphobic again.

Cute Kid Stuff: Nathan told me that he loves me more than a biiiiiiiiig twuck. Awww! That's a big deal for a 2 3/4 year old. Not to be outdone, Hannah says she loves me more than rainbows. There were a couple other cute kid things, but memory fails me at the moment...

Projects I Want to do in 2008:
  • Repaint! I'm tired of my interior paint in the living area. I already painted the hallway, and I have all the colors picked out. I'm just having trouble deciding which color to paint my kitchen island. The same as the kitchen, or the darker accent color to blend kitchen with living room (we have a great-room concept house)? I'm leaning toward the darker color.
  • Update scrapbooks for the children. They are each 2 years behind.
  • Do some book reviews on my blog for all my reading friends. I read one yesterday called Dangerous Wonder. Ohmygosh! You have to read it! It will stir your blood!
  • Baby is due mid-late April, so I need to see if I can get a bit ahead on Hannah's school stuff. I'd like to take 3-4 weeks off when baby comes, with just doing reading and review stuff each day during that time.
  • Potty train Nathan by April. I figure this has a 50% chance of happening...He still refuses to sit on the toilet. He said "I scared of toilet." I asked him why and he said "Sharks." ??? I laughed so hard I had to sit on the floor before my knees gave out.

Well, that's it for now. I actually want to complete all these projects before baby, so I have about 3 months. Hmm...paint in January, scrapbook and a book review in Feb, potty train in March. Sounds like a plan!

Happy New Year, everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your goals! Good luck. I vote for painting the island the accent color to blend the two rooms together. One of my goals has been to go through my stack of recipes that I have pulled out of magazines and try them or throw them out. If I like them, I will write them on a recipe card and file them away. I got through quite a bit of it yesterday. And, oh how I'd love to paint but the task in this house is just way too daunting. I can't wait to see the new colors you have chosen.

Tammy said...

Great resolutions!

Tyna, I wanted to tell you thank you again for the Johnny Cash CD! I so appreciate your mailing it in the rush of Christmas time because it arrived on Christmas Eve and I was able to wrap it and give it as an extra gift to my mom...who absolutely loved it!

Hope your family had a wonderful Christmas...and wishing you God's blessings in the New Year!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the goals..I am afraid to even think of writing mine out..some one might hold me acountable.

Butterflywarriors is back in the swing of things. Just wanted to let you know.