Friday, November 9, 2007

Veterans Day...

This is Veterans Day weekend. I am reminded again of the war in Iraq, but also of all the people who have served in the past. I saw some stats recently that showed that approx 300+ American soldiers have died each year in this Iraq war. I hate war. But I hate evil even more. As American's living in a country that was founded on Biblical principles, we have an obligation to stand against evil. Even at the cost of our own lives.

Do you remember the old Star Trek quote by Spock? "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one." Or something like that. Or how about "Freedom is not free"?

Now, I know very little about the military. My dear Uncle Ken retired recently after 20(?) years in the Air Force Reserve. He retired as a Lietenant Colonel. But he didn't talk about it much, so I still don't know much about the military. But I know what I see on television. I saw the footage on 9/11 just like everyone else. I saw various 60 Minutes clips showing how great we were doing in Iraq, and sometimes how not great it was going. I see newspaper headlines often about soldiers based locally that have been killed.

So I just wanted everyone to know that I support our troops. We will be flying our American flag Sat - Mon. Proudly. We hope to attend a Veterans Day parade or ceremony honoring those who have served. Which by the way, I am disappointed to see that my city is not having. We'll have to drive to Roseville or beyond to find a parade.

But I also wanted all of you to see this. Go to this website: http://www.drlaura.com/main/ and click on the green link called Soldiers Welcome. If that doesn't make you cry, then click on this: Proof of abuse by our Troops....things the media missed It's tongue-in-cheek, but you get the point.

So, what are you doing this Veterans Weekend?

2 comments:

PMKU said...

You won our t-shirt from the Fall Ya'll bloggy giveaway. We tried your other email address. Contact me with your size and shipping address.

Melissa Markham said...

Thanks for stopping by my post and entering my book giveaways! Good luck!

This is a good post:)