Monday, November 19, 2012

A normal sort of day...

Today is behaving like an ordinary sort of day.  Everyone is healthy, praise the Lord. Here are some random items that happened today:

1. It took 2 hours to get 3 children thru their math lessons.
2. Two of the children scored 88% on their final test in their current books. They can start the next level next week!  As a reward for getting higher than 80%, I told them they don't have to do math again until next week. Of course, tomorrow I will be completely helpless adding my fractions for recipes and for counting all that change in my purse.
3. Olivia is potty training. Again. I realized today that she will be 3 years old in 3 months.  It's time.
4. I did 2 loads of laundry.
5. The lime tree in the backyard turned out to be a mandarin tree.  YEEHAW!  You have no idea how happy that makes me. I was having trouble figuring out what to do with all those limes...
6. My moccasin style slippers have leather ties that tie on top in a cutesy little bow. But they Wont Stay Tied.  So I cut them off. Enough already.
7. Refereed 3 arguments. Didn't lose my temper. Didn't even raise my voice.
8. Made a couple phone calls to check in with girlfriends I haven't spoken with in awhile.

Now I'm ready for a nap.  That will so totally not happen, but it helps me motivate myself when I lie to myself.  "I can take a nap later - I just need to finish these 2 things..."  I'm telling you, it works.

No comments: