Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Holding Steady

I've begun my 2nd 2 weeks on the decompression table. I'm going 3 times a week now.  My back is feeling pretty good. I'm hoping to see good results on the x-ray in 4 weeks, but somehow I'm doubtful. I just don't see how a disc is going to regenerate.  But my chiropractor keeps a bazillion articles posted on his walls about how this machine has helped so many people.  I want to be hopeful, but I'm afraid to hope...

Also, my neck has issues.  I have several vertebrae that have shifted a bit, and one that is tilted a little. The Dr thinks this is due to an old injury, probably during childhood.  Entirely possible. And the neck is supposed to have a curve in it, but mine is straight.  Dr. B thinks this can be fixed by doing some sort of exercise 3 times a day with a gadget of some sort - strengthen the muscle which will change the spine. Sounds logical - I think I start on that next week.

Having been strapped to a table for 30 minutes every day has done wonders for my prayer life!  I've been praying for everyone I can think of.  Any requests?

Today is going to be 100 degrees here, then go up a degree or two every day for the next 5 days.  Possibly see 108 by Saturday.  Sigh...

Well, I hear Josiah burbling to himself in the next room.  Better go get his chubbiness up...

No comments: