Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1st

Today is the first day of December, and my fingers are itching to make something. I have a blanket on my large knitting needles, and a skirt on my small needles. If I'm diligent, I think I can finish them in about 2 weeks. I need to learn a new stitch to finish the blanket (adding on) and I need to find the pattern for the skirt - I had it 3 days ago, now it's missing. Grrrrr!

Oh, how I would love to do something cutesy like making matching jammies for the children. But I'm not the best seamstress, and making 4 sets of jammies would take at least a full week at the sewing maching. I'd have to put off school, housework and everything else. Sigh. Oh well. Perhaps another year.

We start our Advent family devotions this evening. I've been talking it up for days and the children are excited about their Bible time with Daddy tonight. We use Advent Foretold, by Gary & Wanda Sanseri. Each devotion has a picture (which I copy and the children color while Daddy reads) and a 1 page devotion.

I really like this book. It is divided into 2 parts: Prophecy and Fulfillment. The first 16 days talk about several prophecies that foretold Christ: The seed of a woman, would come from Jesse, Born of a virgin, a star would rise, etc. The rest of the month is dedicated to how the prophecies were fulfilled.

It also has a section of Christmas songs (words only), and a True/False test of 15 questions. Lovely!

Have a great day, everyone!

No comments: