Monday, October 10, 2011

Preparing

We are off to Eureka again on Wednesday, so today and tomorrow are full of preparing. Today was grocery shopping, housecleaning and making sure bills and such are taken care of. Tomorrow will be full of packing, a little packing, and probably some more packing.

Somehow, packing makes me need to organize stuff. Really...I mean it's like an itch that must be scratched. I have to shuffle stuff around in closets, re-org dresser drawers, clean out underneath bathrooms sinks, etc. I can't simply pack clothes in a suitcase and be done. Putting clothes in the suitcase reminds me that the drawer the clothes came out of needs re-doing, and don't forget that your shoes are a jumble in the bottom of the closet, and...and...and. I had a friend lovingly accuse me of being hyper-organized once. (shrug) I can't help it. God made me this way.

And I must admit, that knowing exactly where that extra tube of toothpaste is makes me feel a little...well, I suppose, proud. Ha! You just thought we were out of toothpaste, but I have another one up my sleeve!

No comments: